Part-Time Rheumatology Nurse Practitioner
We have an exciting part-time Nurse Practitioner position available in central Austin offering tremendous growth potential. This position will work within the Rheumatology department.
Job responsibilities include seeing Rheumatology patients in a very busy and well established outpatient clinic. This position will work 2 days each week.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Tasks may include, but not limited to:
- Seeing return patients of the two rheumatology physicians.
- Performing periodic medical history and physical examinations.
- Recording findings of examinations, assessments and plan of care.
- Performing telemedicine services.
- Writing appropriate prescriptions and administering medications.
- Responding to patient inquires and requests.
- Ordering and interpreting laboratory and radiology examinations.
- Determining treatment plan for patient.
- Documenting all patient encounters, records observations, interventions, and actions in a medically appropriate and timely manner on the patient’s medical record.
- Reviewing and providing disposition of patient requests via in-basket messages.
- Consulting with supervising physician as necessary.
- Acts as a patient advocate for the population served.
- Attending, participating, and contributing to group/practice meetings and development of policies and procedures when requested.
- Salary TBD