Part-Time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP-FPA) for Counseling Practice
Clearwater Counseling Chicago is expanding! We are looking for a Psychiatric APRN-FPA (Advanced Practice Registered Nurse- Full Practice Authority) to join our group mental health practice. The position is for a contracted Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, with prescriptive authority, in the busy Chicago Loop or solely via telehealth. Applicants will be joining a thriving and intimate group practice with fully licensed, associate, and student therapists. CCC is a low-stress environment that is representative of a “co-op” organizational style and values collaboration, authenticity, diversity, advocacy, and goal achievement both professionally and personally.
We have experienced a growing need for psychiatric support in the private practice setting and are expanding our services to aid in supporting this need. As a contracted provider, NPs will be able to set their own work hours, collaborate directly with the counselors providing therapy, a welcoming therapeutic office space and/or the option to work via telehealth. They will also be provided marketing materials, furnishing of needed supplies, an EMR platform which includes insurance billing and HIPAA compliant telehealth service, ePrescribe system, yearly training stipend, and health insurance plan!
- Perform comprehensive psychiatric assessments on existing CCC clients, provide differential diagnosis, prescribe medications, and make treatment recommendations
- Prescribe, monitor, and adjust client’s psychotropic medications
- Utilize EMR for scheduling and documentation, separate ePrescribe for medication
- Collaborate with CCC counselors to create wrap-around and cohesive care for clients
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals or ancillary services as needed
- Maintain calendar and availability for scheduling
- Option to provide psychotherapy if desired
- Partner in the ground-breaking expansion of psychiatric services at CCC!
- Current and active Advanced Practice Licensure with Full Practice Authority in the state of IL required (APN with established MD collaborative agreement will be considered)
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Board Certification required
- Active DEA Registration required
- Minimal one year experience prescribing psychotropic (outpatient setting preferred)
- Illinois Controlled Substance Licensed preferred but not required
Insurance experience is not required though a willingness to become paneled is a must. Providers willing to offer 1-2 night options preferred. Only applications with a cover letter will be considered.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Our physical office is open with limited availability. You will have the option to be fully remote via telehealth or partial in-person and partial telehealth.