Full-Time Nurse Practitioner, Psych- Mile Square (Rockford, IL)
Nurse Practitioner, Psych- Mile Square (Rockford, IL)
Mile Square Health Center is hiring one full-time Nurse Practitioner, Psych to join our patient care team at our L.P. Johnson Rockford clinic.
Provide psychiatric health care for assigned patients as determined by scope of practice guidelines and specialty. This includes completion of a health assessment, determining diagnosis, planning and prescribing treatment within the parameters of medical staff privileges at UIHHSS and area of expertise. Participate in educational experiences of nursing students, medical students, residents and other health care disciplines.
Psychiatric Assessment and Therapy
- Examine or conduct diagnostic tests on patient to provide information on general physical condition and mental disorder.
- Analyze and evaluate patient data and test findings to diagnose mental disorder.
- Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments, in collaboration with the Mile Square Health Center behavioral health integration team.
- Prescribe, direct, and administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat disorders.
- Conduct individual, group, and family psychotherapy and facilitate psychiatric rehabilitation.
- Provide crisis intervention and treatment.
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, occupational therapists, social workers, nurses, care coordinators and other professionals associated with the behavioral health integration team to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives, and other professionals.
- Prepare and submit case reports and summaries to government and mental health agencies.
- Advise and inform guardians, relatives, schools, agencies and significant others of patients’ conditions and treatment when necessary.
- Review, evaluate and consult with other behavioral health professionals regarding their treatment procedures and outcomes.
- Participate in the educational experiences of nursing students, medical students, residents and other health care disciplines.
- Develop and present lectures and/or seminars to graduate nursing students, medical students, residents and other health professional students.
- Participate in the development of clinical policies and/or protocols concerning the quality of patient care.
- Develop nurse practitioner practices at clinical sites.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Master’s or Doctorate Degree in Nursing, with a concentration in psychiatry or mental health.
- Exam certified as an Adult or Family Psychiatric & Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Unrestricted Illinois License as an Advanced Practice Nurse.
- DEA-X waiver as preferred.
Salary & Benefits:
UI Health offers competitive benefit packages, including: vacation days, sick days paid holidays, Floating Holidays, State University Retirement System, tuition waiver, tuition discount for dependents, and excellent medical, dental, and vision packages.
For fullest consideration, apply by 6/23/20. Applications will be accepted until 7/24/20.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.