Full-Time Nurse Practitioner
Nurse Practitioner – Palliative Care
30 minutes south of East Brunswick, 40 minutes from Trenton and 1 hour north of Philadelphia.
Great opportunity to work for a comprehensive oncology practice offering advanced treatments, including breakthroughs like immunotherapy and targeted therapy. Community based, focusing on individual needs that’s part of large network of physicians.
- Works as a member of the practice to provide specialty level consultation and management of palliative care needs in the home & other community settings.
- Identification & assessment of palliative care needs; expert symptom management of pain & other distressing symptoms; discussion of disease trajectory, prognosis, & goals of care with patients & families; ordering of diagnostic and laboratory tests if needed; prescription of pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies for the management of symptoms; and facilitation of family meetings for medical decision making and advance care planning.
- MSN, Nurse Practitioner
- Board certification in Hospice/Palliative Care required
- Two years’ experience as a Nurse Practitioner, or relevant experience in Palliative Care or Hospice
- NJ NP and RN licensed, current & unrestricted
- AANP or ANCC certification
- BLS and DEA registration required