Full-Time Nurse Practitioner
Oregon Sleep Associates (OSA) is an AASM accredited, independent sleep medicine practice located in the heart of NW Portland. Conveniently nestled within the thriving medical community surrounding Legacy Good Samaritan hospital, OSA has been serving the Portland-Metro area for 15 years.
The need for quality sleep care has never been greater as clinicians and patients recognize the impact sleep disturbance has on holistic health.
Our team is centered on providing compassionate and quality care, keeping patient costs down, and delivering industry leading timeliness in testing. We look for team members who share this vision and have the skills to complete it.
OSA seeks a full-time nurse practitioner to join our well-established sleep medicine practice. The NP will provide sleep medicine services to patients including evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and documentation in collaboration with physicians and other staff. The provider must be patient-centered with a focus on evaluation of patients using patient history, physical examination, review of sleep studies, explanation of test results and development of care plans.
The NP functions as a member of a multi-disciplinary team. They will provide patient education and communicate with other providers to facilitate ongoing care and promote health management. They will provide follow up care for established patients by other sleep physicians, and evaluate patients requiring return visits.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide care to sleep disorder patients through diagnosis, treatment and management in accordance with standards of care described by AASM.
- Work with sleep-wake disorders including, but not limited to obstructive/central sleep apnea, narcolepsy, insomnia, restless legs syndrome, parasomnias, and circadian rhythm disorders.
- Accurate and timely completion of documentation in patient record. Complete billing on the same day as patient visit.
- Work in collaboration with other healthcare providers and the entire clinic team.
- Assist sleep physician with results management and patient follow-up.
- Counsel and educate patient and family members (caregivers) regarding sleep health treatment and maintenance.
- Prescribe and refill sleep medications and therapies for patients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Requires certification as an advanced practitioner.
- Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner by the State of Oregon.
- Current BLS certification.
- NPI and DEA.
- Familiarity with advanced concepts, practices, and procedures within sleep medicine, pulmonology, or neurology preferred, although candidates from all sub-specialties will be considered.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in clinical patient care required.
- Ability to manage time and work independently.
- Strong organizational skills, record-keeping, and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively, positively, and diplomatically within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Position is 100% Sleep Medicine
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance (waiting period may apply), PTO, 401K
- Education funds and leave for continued medical education
- Professional liability coverage
- Monday – Friday
- No weekends or nights
- No hospital rounding
- On average two to three nights of call per year – telephone only